Guardian Scheduler is a very useful tool for administering or organising events such as Parent evenings.
Click 'View Appointments' under the Schedule date to open a page of the teacher's schedule for that event.
The teacher's schedule
- A teacher can book appointments with the parents of their students.
- If the teacher is a Subject Leader in Moodle, they will, by default, see the appointment schedule for all teachers in their department. This option enables them to see just their own appointments.
- The schedule for the teacher.
Click X alongside an appointment to delete it.
Click the 'Book Guardian Appointments' button to create an appointment.
Booking appointments with parents of students
The whole schedule is listed and where appointments have not yet been made, teachers can make appointments with parents and those appointments will be listed in Guardian View. You'll notice that previously made appointments, e.g. at 18:40 are also listed and cannot be overridden without first deleting the appointment.
Please remember that this data may not be complete and some may be missing so where you see an empty drop-down list just select a different option from the previous drop-down list.
- Select a subject (We suggest Religious Ed.)
- Select a student.
- Select a Guardian/Parent.
- Click 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page to save the appointment.
If you select 'Religious Ed', 'Alison Ainsworth' and 'Neville Ainsworth', you can log into the demo site with the parent credentials and see your new appointment in Guardian Scheduler.